Did you know you can add your ebooks to the Coby Kyros MID7015 without rooting?
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to import ebooks to your Coby Kyros tablet:
First, make sure all of your ebooks have the epub extension. If they don’t you can use the Calibre ebook management program on your PC or Mac to convert them. It’s free. You’ll also need a file manager installed on the Coby Kyros tablet such as File Manager.
1. Locate your ebooks on your PC.
2 Insert your microSD card in the Coby Kyros tablet.
4. If haven’t already, download the File Manager to your tablet.
5. Connect the tablet to your PC via USB.
6. On the Kyros “Home” screen pull down the top menu bar.
7. You should see internal and external storage–select the external storage.
8. The pop-up screen will ask you to “mount or unmount”- select “mount”.
9. This “mount” action should create a pop up on your PC – select “open files”.
10. Copy your ebooks (EPUB files) to your tablet (or to the Laputa folder if using Laputa).
11. Back on Kyros home screen pull down the top menu bar.
12. Select external storage and then select “unmount” then unplug the tablet from your PC.
13. Open up the file manager on your tablet.
14. Locate the sdcard file and select it, then select the book you want and open it.
15. Once the book once and choose a program to open it with.
16. Now open the reader app on the home screen or where you keep the apps to read ebooks.
Note, steps 13 through 16 only needs to be done once per ebook transfer.